- launching my second novel, Te Kauhanga
- winning the Heartland Short Story competition and earning highly commended in the NZSA Central Districts competition
- conducting multiple interviews and writing many book reviews and blog posts including one about my ventures into minimalism
- collaborating on a video book trailer
- attending the Auckland Independent Book Festival
- participating in the Taumarunui Arts Festival
- meeting other writers, readers and creatives
- As Maple Koru Publishing, producing A.D. Thomas’ new book, Alphabetica
- generating new ideas for my next novels
- my Montreal Canadiens making it to the semi-finals of the Stanley Cup playoffs
- seeing Bruce Springsteen and Ed Kowalczyk perform in Auckland (and meeting Ed and giving him a copy of my novel, Redeeming Brother Murrihy)
- mountain biking the Timber Trail and starting new cycling adventures with my wife (including a terrific wipeout yesterday!)
- Attending a mindulness & meditation workshop in Wellington
- seeing my son off to university,
- spending another year with my daughter before she disappears too
Bring on 2015!
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 2,500 times in 2014. If it were a cable car, it would take about 42 trips to carry that many people.